Termite infestation is an intimidating situation for homeowners. Unfortunately, in most cases by the time issue is detected, the damage has already been done. Hence, it is crucial that homeowners recognize signs of termite and call a professional without delay. Special efforts should also be made to prevent an infestation in the first place.
Termite Damage – What Homeowners Should Know?
Termite damage is not covered by homeowner’s insurance. This means you must pay for the costs of these damages. The termites will produce serious (irreparable in most cases) damage to wood including wall, cabinets, subflooring, wardrobe, and even the entire wood framework of home. Termites are also capable of making your home completely uninhabitable. Damage at such levels can prove to be very costly.
In most cases, homeowners do not notice invasion of termites until an entire colony grows.
There are a few signs of termites you should watch for:
– Swarming insects inside your home or around the property
– Discarded wings of insect on windowsills or in other areas
– Visible mud tubes around the foundation and exterior walls of the home
– Mud tubes in the basement or attic
– Piles of frass similar to sawdust around or inside home
– Noises of termite noises of floor or in the walls
– Hollow sounds from wood inside the home when knocked on
– Professional Treatment Plans for Termites
Experts recommend homeowners to keep their property well maintained. Here are some ways you can prevent termite infestation at home:
– Cut the grass short
– Trim the shrubbery regularly
– Remove yard debris
– Keep your home clutter free
– Allow sunlight in for a few hours daily
– Regularly drain standing water on your property
– Always keep trash covered
– Seal your home properly
However, termites are not easy to handle. Most DIY techniques fail. Hence, it is advised to take precautions against these pests under the guidance of professional termite prevention and control service.
Why Call a Professional Termite Control Service?
The termite removal process takes several days. Termite colonies are tough to destroy. The first step is to identify all colonies feeding on your home. Spot treating is a waste of money. The colony feeding on your home may be thriving right under the house in a separate lane! It takes a lot of expertise, training, and experience to identify a termite colony.
A trained professional is well aware of the exact places to inspect and the most effective ways to check for potential problems. They understand the behavior of termites from different regions and effectiveness of chemicals. Termite control professionals are well versed with the art of building structures to identify potential entry points. A DIY project may prove expensive and dangerous. It may affect the health of your loved ones and produce more damage to the structure of house.
Successful Termite Treatment Include:
– Regular monitoring and maintenance services
– Creating a complete chemical barrier around your home
– A safe yet effective direct chemical treatment
To Sum Up
A professional termite control treatment will address all of the above listed key elements. A trained and experienced termite control professional will effectively target the colony/colonies feasting on the wood and other areas of your home. So make sure that you get complete chemical barrier for your home to eliminate termites. Proper equipment must be used for the safest and most effective removal. You must hire a professional who will guarantee their work. Look for client reviews and references prior to deciding on a specific termite treatment service.