Perfume is something many girls are obsessed with. Girls wear perfume every day, whether they are going to the office, to a mall or a party. They even put on some perfume after a shower. Though perfumes don’t make a girl prettier, it is equally valued as the other beauty products. The sweet fragrance makes girls more attractive. They also feel confidence. Good quality perfumes from popular brands like Versace, Gucci, Hugo, etc. are expensive. The perfumes that celebrities endorse are also expensive. Here we are going to discuss 12 hacks to make your perfume last longer. You will learn how to keep this pricey possession in good condition so that you can use it for a long time.
12 hacks to make your perfume last longer
Perfumes are very handy when you are late for work or need something quickly to feel good or spice up your look. It can also boost your mode. Perfumes are expensive, and you should get the most out of it. There are ways you can make your perfume last longer.
- You should store perfumes in a dark and cool place. Heat and humidity can break down the perfume, and you might not get the best smell. So, you shouldn’t store your perfume in damp and warm places. You can keep it on your bathroom shelf cabinets. It might sound crazy, but you can make your favorite perfume last longer by storing it in your refrigerator. You should never keep it near the winder under the direct sunlight.
- Perfume that last long can make you feel good throughout the day. You should know the right places to spray them on so that they last longer. You should spray the perfume on your pulse points. These are the points where the blood vessels are near the skin surface. This way the smell of the perfume will encapsulate your whole body. Some of the pulse points are your neck, chest, ankles, wrists, ankles, etc.
- You can rub Vaseline on the pulse points before spraying the perfume. It will make your perfume last longer.
- It is better to put on perfume after taking a shower. Well, hydrated skin will make your perfume last longer. The perfume will absorb into the skin well.
- You can apply some non-scented lotion or moisturizer to the skin before spraying on perfume. The fragrance will last longer.
- Many people rug their wrists of both hands to increase the staying power of the perfume. But it does the opposite thing. It breaks down the top notes of the perfume, and the smell fades away faster. So, you shouldn’t rub your wrists together after applying perfume.
- The oil concentration of the essential oil in the perfume is an important factor to consider when purchasing perfume. If the concentration of essential oil is high, then the perfume will last longer. The terms ‘parfum’ or ‘perfume’, ‘Eau de Parfum’, ‘Eau de Toilette’ and ‘Eau de Cologne’ are associated with perfume. The ‘perfume’ or ‘parfum’ contains 15% to 30% of essential oil. So, these can last for up to 8 hours. ‘Eau de Parfum’ contains 8% to 15%, ‘Eau de toilette’ and ‘Eau de Cologne’ contains a lower percentage of essential oil. ‘Eau de Cologne’ lasts for only 2 hours. When the essential oil concentration is higher, you need to spray on less perfume; however, they are expensive too.
- Perfume has three types of notes: the top, middle and base notes. The top note fades away fast; the middle note takes some time to fade away. The smell that stays longer is the base note. The base notes are usually woodsy or citrus. Woods base note stays longer than the citrus base note. So, choose perfume with a woodsy base note.
- Your hair can trap fragrances better than the skin. So, you can spray perfume on your hairbrush and then brush your hair to distribute the fragrance over your head evenly. This way you will be able to avoid direct contact with alcohol also. Applying the perfume directly on the scalp will dry it off and cause damage to your hair as well.
- When the perfume is almost finished, and you can’t spray it anymore, pour it over some lotion or Vaseline and then apply it to your skin. This way you won’t waste a bit of the expensive fragrance.
- You can spray some perfume on cotton buds and carry them on your pouch. Throughout the day, you these as touch-ups.
- You can spray perfume on tissue papers and line them on your dresser or wardrobe. Your clothes will smell good too!
Perfumes are expensive, and you should make most out of it by using the tricks just discussed. Perfume gives you a signature scent that adds to your personality. Fragrance is an excellent memory trigger, and people can remember you by the way you smell. It can also remind you of the good time you had wearing it. So, choose your perfume carefully and store it the right way so that it lasts longer.