Landscaping refers to any modifications that changes the features of the land and these features are quite visible and pleasing to the eye.
Features of Landscaping
- Flora or fauna in the land is altered and beautified to make room for planned arrangement for plants and shrubs. The art and science of growing plants and trees with a goal of beautifying the environmentis commonly known as gardening
- Landscaping pertains to modifications of natural elements such as landforms, terrains and water bodies to modify the area and make it beautiful.
- Abstract elements such as the weather and lighting conditions that has the effect of beautifying the place desired to be enhanced.
Benefits of Urban Landscapes
Urban Landscapes incorporates the planting of trees and plants, making or developing parks into the cities and towns. These bring in a wide array of health benefits that improve the quality of life for all the urban residents.
- Tree canopies and parks are found helpful to reduce the pollution level in the urban areas and thus bring down city pollution.
- Recent studies have found that in the streets lined with trees and parks, it is indeed difficult to rob or steal from the building’s and the residential complexes.
- Stress and blood pressure can be reduced a lot by just looking at the tre These are at high levels in the cities and hence all urban areas need some destressing elements such as tree canopies and more and more parks.
- Improved quality of life by means of low stress levels and enhanced levels of health by these oxygen increasing natural organisms means that health care costs of each family reduced to lowest level.
- visualize it: A busy urban street with cars honking, roads devoid of any trees with no parks nearby. Now another visualization can be envisaged that is one of a street lined with trees and surrounding parks in the vicinity. In the second visualization city stress can greatly be reduced. These are also good for improving the attention levels of the people residing in the area in close proximity to these trees.
Commercial Landscapes and their Benefits
- High quality landscapes surround most of the commercial office spaces and complexes.
- There are varied benefits of commercial landscapes. Apart from all the benefits enumerated above, the psychological and physical benefits led the shoppers to buy more in such areas that have such tree canopies. These are pleasant and attract more and more crowd either to simply interact with each other, or to Interact for the sake of interchanging of goods and services or to improve the trade and commerce of that area.
- Businesses have been more economically viable when they provide their clients with landscape gardens around the buildings and also having small miniature gardens inside their offices to enhance the aesthetic value of their office space.
- Energy conservation – It is a well-known fact that the garden landscaping in your residential areas can greatly reduce the energy bills and utility costs. The energy conservation happens eventually. These trees and plants help to protect you from the harsh winter winds and in summer they provide us much needed shade. Your home is much cooler in summers and warm in winters
- It is haven for wildlife
- This inevitably increases the property value of commercial buildings or residential complexes.
- It has numerous other Environmental benefits-such as reduces evaporation and soil degradation, controls temperature, reduces flood etc.
Thus we can see that Landscaping not only increases the beautiness of the area but also benefits the residents of the area in a great way.