An infection of the tooth’s pulp occurs when your mouth is invaded by foreign bodies. The food that you consume can reach the inner layers of the teeth if your enamel is damaged due to the decay of the teeth.
The food and the other materials inside the teeth become a cause of irritation. In order to push out the irritating substances, the body creates an infection or abscess.
The dead tissues or the cells that are not cleared by the body are another source of dental abscess.
Our body gets rid of the cellular wastes and dead cells on a regular basis. But if the cleansing system of the body is blocked because of some reason then its ability to remove the toxins can be restricted from around the teeth or from inside the teeth.
An abscess can be caused when the foreign bodies like food materials or dead issues in your mouth directly enter the tooth tissues that were once protected. They can also enter the region right below the tooth root through the gum pockets that can give rise to the problem of abscess.
No matter how the abscess is formed there are some very effective home remedies that can help you to deal with tooth infection that you can try prior to going for prescribed medications.
Here an attempt is made to bring to you such home remedies that can heal your tooth infection. Just read on.
- Cloves – A tooth infection can be treated by using clove oil or fresh leaves of clove. Clove consists of the eugenol that is naturally occurring. It is one of the most significant and effective inflammatory agents that makes it great to treat infected tooth. Upon contact, the high antioxidant and antibacterial properties of clove help to clean the infected area. So put several drops of clove oil on the infected area. The clove oil also has an aesthetic value that numbs the throbbing pain of the infected area. It also contains antiseptic agents that prevent the harmful bacteria to spread.
- Salt Water Rinse – Rinsing the mouth with salt-water happens to be an affordable and easy option for providing temporary relief to the abscessed tooth. It can also promote the healthy gums and healing of the wounds. For this mix half cup of warm tap water with half teaspoon of normal table salt. Then swish the water inside the mouth for at least a couple of minutes. Then spit it out.
- Turmeric – Turmeric happens to be one of the most effective treatments of inflammation and bacteria. Just the first contact of the turmeric can heal your teeth. The yellow powder is specifically known for the properties of pain-relief and happens to be a natural antibiotic that heals toothaches. You should mix the powder with water. Then you can just use a small dab of the mixture with a cotton ball or Q-tip right on the affected area. This will assist to mitigate the swelling and also offer you some pain relief from the discomfort that accompanies these infections. For a couple of minutes, you should let the turmeric sit and then rinse the mouth with warm water.
- Cold Compress – The swelling and the pain can also help to reduce the swelling and pain. You should hold the compress against the skin near the area that is affected after placing ice cubes in a towel. You can use this compress every 15-20 minute intervals. This may be repeated as may times a day as you want.
- Water Flosser – Use a water flosser as it is much better to remove the food in between the teeth. It has, in fact, proven to be life-changing for many. You can keep at bay dental problems and it is much easier than flossing.
- Garlic – With history of many beneficial therapeutic usages, garlic happens to another natural remedy including a bacteria killer and pain manager. That is why make a paste by crushing a fresh garlic clove and rub the paste on the infected area. This can be repeated multiple times per day.
- Hydrogen Peroxide – Your tooth infection can be healed by hydrogen peroxide the say it heals your cuts and nicks. All you have to do is put a couple of drops on a cotton ball or Q tip. Ensure that you have rinsed the mouth with water afterwards.
The above are some of ways in which you can treat teeth infection naturally. In order to avoid teeth infection apart from sticking to a healthy diet and maintaining your oral hygiene, you should also opt for professional teeth cleaning that you can get the best teeth cleaning cost at a reputed dental hospital near you and see your dentist at least twice a year to ensure that you can retain a great oral health.