Eyes are one of most sensitive organs of a human body and important too. Eyes give the person the ability to see and appreciate the things he is surrounded by. However, certain problems may arise due to which the eyesight weakens which may require external treatments or the use of lenses to correct vision impairment. The reason for weakening of eyesight could be anything from an injury, to overstressing eyes by watching TV, reading books in dim light, overusing smart phones, etc. Whatever the reason maybe, once the eyesight weakens; there is no other way to correct vision except for an eye operation or a surgery such as Lasik laser eye surgery.
Lasik EYE Surgery: Overview
The term LASIK stands for Laser in-situ keratomileusis and the Lasik laser eye surgery is a treatment to correct vision problems of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and others by reshaping the cornea. It is one of the most popular forms of eye surgery practiced all over the world to correct eye vision.
Who is Eligible for Lasik laser eye surgery?
Lasik Eye surgery is not for everyone. A person having an incorrect vision has to pass through a certain eligibility criteria to be able to qualify for the treatment. A lot of tests are performed by the eye specialists to check if the surgery can be performed on a patient or not such as the thickness of the retina, dryness of eyes, etc. Other qualifying criteria include:
- AGE: the patient must be of or above 18 years of age.
- Have one of the common vision problems (example: myopia, astigmation, etc).
- Should have a stable power for at least one year.
- General health of the patient should be good.
- Should pass all of the eye tests performed before the surgery.
Advantages of Lasik laser Eye Surgery
There are many advantages associated with this form of treatment which makes it one of the most popular eye surgeries to correct vision. A person having vision problems can easily find the best Lasik eye surgery in India and get rid of spectacles in no time! Here is a list of a few benefits of this surgery:
- Success rate of treatment: More than 95% cases are successful.
- Patient does not require to use stitches or bandages after the surgery.
- Less Painful Treatment.
- Fastest Treatment for eye correction: happens in a couple of minutes or less than an hour.
- The treatment can be further improved by adjustments made in the later years of the Laser surgery on the patient for better eye vision.
- Low level of risk involved in the treatment.
Side Effects of the Lasik Eye Surgery
Despite the many benefits associated with the Lasik eye treatment, there are a few side effects that the patient might encounter after the treatment, some of which ar
e mentioned below:
- Discomfort in the eyes post treatment for about a week
- Dryness in eyes
- Fluctuations in vision at times
- Driving at night might become difficult
- Some patients may also see Halos around images, etc.
Although, these side effects may exist with the Lasik surgery, these generally do not last long.
There’s nothing more beautiful than seeing the whole world without mirrors or lenses. That is why more and more people are coming forward to get their vision improved using Lasik Laser Eye Surgery.