Security officers are responsible for ensuring safety to the premises in some cases while ensuring safety to people in others and many more. The employment opportunities for security officers are in great number, thus a large number of job seekers can get jobs in this profile.
These officers are often found themselves protecting the property and person in difficult environments. For example, mall, plant, stores, private or personal security guard. Primarily the security officer’s job is to observe and report unusual activity.
There are various types of security officers the, list is as follows:
- Basic Security Officers- they are usually found doing their job by standing at the shopping mall or even in amusement parks to those who are primarily responsible for night patrols in commercial buildings.
- Armed specialists- they are responsible for making sure that their subordinates are at correct position or location or not. And also ensure that the subordinates are carrying out their responsibilities in an efficient manner.
- Armed carriers- they are responsible to transfer bulk cash from one place to another. Usually, they are hired by an armed transport company.
- Screeners- they are responsible for screening employees and people who are entering commercial and government premises or buildings.
- Surveillance officers- they rea often referred as eyes in the sky who keep a close eye on people and things so as to ensure security and safety of people and property from any damage.
- Private police- they are usually hired by the private companies so as to prevent theft by employees. And they also ensure safety to the people and property.
- Private investigators- they are usually retired police detectives and are employed by the private firms in order to investigate thefts and other crimes and thefts of employees.
- Bounty hunter- they are usually hired by courts to catch accused criminals who have skipped the bond and ran away.
- Bodyguards- they are specialist to provide protection to the wealthy people who need protection from those wish to harm them.
- Security specialist- they are highly paid security officers and given training of all armed security to provide safety to confined buildings.
The next important thing is how to get a job?
- The first thing you need to get an education to work as a security officer.
- After attaining education start looking for methods which are going to solve your queries in less time.
- Looking for an effective method is necessary to get placed in a real-time manner.
- Prepare your CV if you are a fresher and a resume in case you are an experienced professional.
- After having your completing profile, start applying for the jobs.
- Don’t rely on just one method and mix different approaches to get a security officer jobs. As, the profile doesn’t involve highly educated individuals.
- Networking, updating your profile on LinkedIn, registering on various job portals, searching job opportunities in the classified section of newspapers, searching jobs in the online and offline classified sections are some of the methods via which you can secure security officer jobs.