An organic acid test is a simple urine test which is used to measure metabolic byproducts of cellular metabolism. These byproducts give the overview of major parts of the body, and also analyses nutritional deficiencies of the body.
Organic byproducts are nothing, but the metabolic deficiencies that are formed during energy production, detoxification and intestinal microbial activity, and detoxification and neurotransmitter breakdown in the body.
However, a metabolic insufficiency occurs when a specific organic acid starts building in the body. These deficiencies can further give rise to nutritional deficiencies or perhaps lead to inherited enzyme deficit. Thus, a test like organic acid test is a must to keep an eye on such deficiencies.
Patients with a high oral antibiotic, high sugar intake, immune deficiencies, genetic infections and other body infections are more prone to this deficiency. Some abnormalities are also due to missing enzymes, minerals, food sources or vitamins in the body. However, some are because of the presence of pathogens, toxins and heavy metals in the body.
The metabolic microorganism, if not treated, can worsen the disorder, and can lead to fatigue, hyperactivity, behavior disorder, and other immune system problems.
Patients with this deficiency often have mood swings, thyroid problem, sleep problems, brain degenerative states, depression and much more.
An Organic Acid Test Will:
- Help treating people with sleep abnormalities
- Helps in reducing fatigue
- Alter mood changes
- Helps in balancing weight
- Aids in treating nausea, joint pain, acid reflux and blood sugar
- Treat people with depression, anxiety, dermatitis
- Helpful in detecting cancer
What Does Organic Test Measure?
An organic test is used to measure following things:
- Amino acid insufficiencies like N-acetyl cysteine and carnitine
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies
- Indicators to gauge adequate detoxification
- Functional markers of B-complex deficiency
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency
- Methylation sufficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess nervous system functionality
The Organic Acid Test Is Commonly Used Because Of Following Reasons:
- It is easy to have such test as it only requires a urine sample, i.e., no needles nothing.
- It aids in measuring fat metabolism which means if you have any problem in losing weight or even high-fiber diet is not helping you, chances are you lack nutrients like carnitine to turn fat into energy.
- The Organic Acid test keeps an eye on Citric Acid Cycle, which aids in producing energy in your body. Every step needs vitamins and nutrients, so if the citric cycle is not working, it means your body is lacking with nutrients. Due to this, you may feel dizzy or perhaps have fatigue issues.
- It measures bacterial infections that cause inflammation. Infections are one of the main reasons behind the digestive problem and can cause skin issues, anxiety and can also give rise to many other health issues.
- The test aims to measure body’s capacity to produce Co-enzymes.
- Carbohydrate metabolism is another prime aspect the test aims to measure. This further means, the test will gauge blood sugar level, energy issue and other related health problems in the body.
- If patients are detected with abnormalities after taking the test, they will treat with supplements like antioxidants, vitamins and other dietary modifications. For many screening tests and other tests, OAT is mostly considered and preferred.
What Is Required For The Test?
The patient only has to give urine test to gauge on the abnormalities. 10 ml urine sample before food or drink is what required.
Things to Avoid Before/After Test:
The patients are advised to avoid pears, raisins, grapes, apples, cranberries and their juices 48 hours before the collecting the sample.
Furthermore, avoid reishi mushrooms, ribose, arabinogalactan and supplements like this for 12 hours at least before collection.
Organic Acid Test gives exact evolution of bacteria and intestinal yeast in the body. However, the high level of these infections can give rise to microorganisms making the immune system worse.