There are times when homeowners might feel that their exteriors are looking a little worn. Maybe it is not possible for most people to afford a complete renovation in a particular time. In that case, a fresh new coating might be just the right kind of renovation that the house might need. There are various types of coatings offered in the market, but among them, acrylic coatings are the most popular option.
Why you should go for Acrylic Coating?
Acrylic coating options are extremely popular for light coloured woods, as well as other types of woods and materials.
- A 100% acrylic coating which is water-based forms an extremely flexible film. This makes the coating very resistant to the harmful UV rays of the sun. These acrylic coatings are much stronger and resistive than other forms of oil coatings on areas which are exposed to sunlight, dust and pollution. This is helpful for your home because you not only get a new and fresh look to your home or deck but also giving an extra layer of protection to your home.
- Acrylic stains are available in light coloured options as well which give homeowners an option of either changing or maintaining the present colour of their wood. This acrylic coating forms a highly resistant and waterproof layer. These special coatings also help to keep early morning mildew at bay from your wood, thus not allowing them to get destroyed due to humidity, sunlight and pollution as well.
- An acrylic coating can be a more economical option than other options if you are looking to make renovations on your old looking, worn down home. Acrylic coatings are the most popular option for making old homes look like new while being extremely economical. There are times when a homeowner might find it difficult to opt for other expensive options of home renovation. In those cases, using an acrylic coating will give your home just the aesthetic value it needs to look fresh and new all over again. An acrylic coating can be put on almost all materials and are most suited for different types of wood. Other coatings might have adverse effects on wood, and an acrylic coating would be the most suitable option in many cases.
- The ease of application for an acrylic coating is another reason why they are so widely popular amongst homeowners. Unlike other types of coatings which might require two component materials to be mixed, the acrylic coating is available in one single component. This can be applied by either using a paintbrush, a roller, or even sprayed on. This versatility and ease of application are what make acrylic coating so popular, as some homeowners can even apply it themselves as a Do It Yourself task.
- Acrylic coatings are much easier to maintain than other types of coatings. This is because an acrylic coating can be easily cleaned simply by using soap and water. The acrylic coating by itself is extremely durable and resistant; hence it does not allow the wood to suffer from any type of damage due to water. It is also completely water resistant. Maintenance of an acrylic coating is much easier and budget friendly as compared to other coatings. Acrylic coatings are also long lasting, and do not need to be touched up often.
So, those are some of the top reasons why acrylic coatings are the most popular choice of coatings amongst homeowners. The options and variety for acrylic coatings are expanding day by day, giving homeowners more variety of acrylic coating options.