A lot of people are of the opinion that any light source is effective for healthy plant growth as long as it is used in the right amount of time. They are right in saying that in a way, but still the output given by LED Grow lights is extraordinary. It helps in creating an extraordinary reaction in your indoor plants which grooms their healthy growth. They work minutely on that particular part of plants which controls the photosynthesis process of the plants. It works as good as any cheat codes for your indoor grow plants which definitely no other grow light type can give to your plants. The LED light source is also highly preferred as they do not need to be replaced too often. You can trust them to perform smoothly over a good period of time. The traditional solutions are replaced quite often as they wear out very quickly. When you keep into account all the benefits of this type than the cost wouldn’t look too much.
- The following are some major points which makes them the best choice:
- They are known to give a life span of at least 50,000 years, which means that they are good enough to last for 7 to 8 years.
- They consume far less power and also ensure that none of your energy produced is wasted by generating more output than it is required for the plants.
- They are space efficient as you do not need to segregate the plants and buying separate lights for each group.
- They are consistent with its response rate of the chlorophyll in plants in comparison with the HID lights.
- They are energy efficient and your power bills are well in control.
- In comparison with other types, the prices of LEDs might be higher, but once you consider its benefits, it is definitely worth it and the unanimous choice for your grow room.
- The ‘How’ and ‘What’ of LED Grow Lights:
How to use LED grow light is the main question that arises in the minds of many users. The following are some useful points as how to use this source:
- Adjust the height of the source to control the inter-nodal length.
- Alter and maintain your watering of plants as needed.
- You must be sure that what you need to feed your plants to support the photosynthesis process.
- The light source should be sufficient enough to support the number of plants. Because if you are growing many plants but having a limited supply of grow lights, then it would affect the overall process and may not give you the desired results in your grow room.
In order to have better yield and good growth of plants in your grow room you should have sufficient lights to support the overall process successfully.
- You must monitor the room temperatures, especially in winter season without compromising over the quality and health of the plants. By monitoring the room temperature you can save plants from getting any harm due to temperature differences in the environment.
A lot of people have doubts about the working and effectiveness of the LED grow lights. People must know as what to expect from the LED source before they actually bring them into their use. The following are some important points that highlight as what to expect from the light source:
- A 90W LED source is good enough to replace a 600W HPS grow light.
- This highly efficient solution is known to preserve 75% of energy as compared to its counterparts.
- The G3 LED UFO type is considered the best version which is designed using long lasting LEDs. They can give a life span of as much as 100,000 years, which is good enough to last for 15 years.
- It emits absolutely no even after having a working capacity of 90 Watts.
- Uses of LED grow lights today:
There are a number of productive uses of the LED light source which are given below for your consideration:
- They are desirable for indoor growth of plants, vegetables, marijuana and cannabis etc.
- They are the most advanced option with a durable and the most sophisticated technology among all other types.
- They are useful for indoor flower and fruit production as well. These can be used easily to enhance growth of plants to grow well and produce better food.
- They are known to give moderate alterations to the growth cycle and nutrient levels of the indoor plants.
- The entire spectrum of the LED grow light can be exploited to benefit different types of plant growth.
- They are known not to generate too much of secondary heat, which can negatively affect the environment of your plants.
- They are highly preferred as the temperature and humidity in the grow room doesn’t need to be monitored too frequently.
- Electricity is directly produced in LEDs and it doesn’t require producing heat in order to generate light. It means that they are enormously energy efficient.
- It is the most beneficial, energy efficient and cost effective solution for indoor plant growth, which you can trust to serve you for a long period of time.
- They are also preferred because of its sustainability. They are comparatively a lot more compact and efficient than its counterparts.
- Choosing the Best LED Grow Light:
There are a number of features of an LED grow light which you need to consider before buying a particular type. The following are some of those important features which you need to critically evaluate in order to get the best LED grow light:
- Chip: Go with the one having a 3w chip. The optimal quality is guaranteed if the 3w chip is manufactured by Cree, Bridgelux or Epistar. The 5w chip is regarded as its future, which would definitely take the LED source to a newer and better level.
- Output: The sellers may claim a 3w chip to give you an output of 3w x 300 = 900 but that might not be true. Investigate and check well about the output before buying a particular piece.
- Spectrum: There isn’t anything like a full spectrum that exists today as most of them are programmed to give the required output. Make sure that the one you are considering have the blue and red wavelengths which are highly desirable for indoor plant growth.
- Material: A LED source is known to last for at least 10 years. They can be costly, so make sure that it isn’t made from plastic. A good one is usually made from aluminum material.
- Longevity: The longevity of your LED grow lights depends on its low heat output. You must make sure that the one you are considering doesn’t produce too much of heat. The hotter your LED light gets, the earlier it will die.
- Ease of Use: Make sure that the light you choose is easy to use in any grow room environment. They should be easy to hang and easy to set its intensity, color and its height.
- Warranty: Warranty is an important thing when considering investing on such type of products. The best warranty to look for being 5 years, but they surely last more than that. The one with 1 or 3 years warranty definitely look suspicious and should be avoided.
Author Bio: Katie Smith is the enthusiastic woman. She loves writing about health and lifestyle on Hubnames.