It could be really a frustrating task to keep your homes comfortable and cool during the hot summer months. However, when it comes to the evaporative-cooling these are considered to be healthy, ecofriendly and cost effective solution when compared to the traditional systems available in the market. As the name suggests the evaporation of water is used to cool the air in your setup. Below mentioned are certain details that highlight the functioning of evaporative cooling.
- Water has a large enthalpy of vaporization and this is what works best when it comes to the cooling system. This process helps to absorb a large amount of heat and as a result cooling is provided in a natural way.
- For the evaporative cooling the air needs to be hot and dry to work in an efficient manner. If the air is humid then the evaporative cooling will not work efficiently.
- One of the most common examples of evaporative cooling is the sweating. An easy way to describe the process is that when the liquid turns into gas it vaporizes and this is what is used in this type of a cooling system.
- Evaporative cooler takes the heat from the air and they work in the same way as their name suggests.
- There are a series of damp pads and a fan inside the cooler. There are pumps that make sure that the pads are moist at all the time.
- The fan is effective way to pump the air outside to the damp pads. So by this the liquid then turns into vapor because it draws heat energy from the air.
- In turn this cools the air and as a result the cold air is circulated through the house.
What to consider in evaporative cooling?
Evaporative cooling works only in the right conditions and it needs hot and dry air to be effective. If there is humid air then the system will not be effective. If you are planning to buy evaporative cooling system, then you need to first of all consider the area that you are living in. If your area is known for humid air, then it is best to drop the idea of an evaporative cooling and opt for traditional air cooling equipment. Below mentioned are certain important things you need to consider in evaporative cooling.
- Consider the lifespan of the equipment. Every hardware equipment comes with a lifespan and evaporative cooling unit is no different. With this you will get an idea as to how many years you can experience the service.
- Consider the cooling capacity and the changes that you will need to do in your existing setup. There is a lot of work needed to change the existing setup and install evaporative cooling if you are planning to do so. The benefits are a lot but it also involves major changes.
- You need to consider the cost of running the evaporative cooling and also the initial investment cost in order to get a clear picture about the whole scenario.
- Compare the available products in the market in order to make a better decision in this regard.
Getting evaporative-cooling installed in your residential setup is an important criterion if you want to be successful in getting comfortable cooling results. However, you need to know exactly how it functions and compare it with your current situation and then make the purchase decision. When you consider these things you will be in a better place to take full advantage of the system.