Even the best of property owners have to deal with some of the issues that are common for almost all, and the Blocked drains is one such. The blockage apart from being inconvenient is also a grossly unhealthy thing to have, as there are foul smells and also insects that are attracted to it. Due to constant accumulation of food leftovers, debris, dirt and grime, it is the mouth of the drain and the area around the spot that get clogged. So you must consult with professional plumbers to get rid of foul-smelling drains.
Common Causes of Blockage
One of the most common blocked drains that most people come across is in the kitchen sink and in the bathtub or the shower.
- The best way to deal with them is that prevention will stop the block from taking place so that there is fewer ordeals.
- Fatty creams, oily food, and leftover food pieces are best put into the dustbin as flushing them through the kitchen sink will invariably lead to blocks sooner or later.
- When you take a bath or a shower, you must be careful not to leave your hair strands all scattered around the drains.
- The use of the extra filter on the waste is one of the good ways with which you can prevent any unwanted particles from entering the pipes.
Using the DIY Methods
Not all blocks need the professionals to carry out the job and knowing some cleaning tips help in saving several hundreds of dollars at times.
- One of the most common DIY methods to deal with the blocked drains is to make use of a mixture of vinegar, baking soda and salt and pour it down the blocked sink waste.
- The next step is to cover the opening with a cap or a hot cloth so as to allow the froth of the mixture to work on the blocking particles and loosen them up so that the block can be cleared easily.
- The use of the bell-shaped plunger is next in line with some water in the sink, or the shower, to create enough pressure so that the particles are flushed out with force.
For Difficult Blockages
Whether you are calling the professionals are using the DIY method, it is best to avoid making use of the harmful chemicals that are sure to leave their remnants long after use.
- If the block refuses to clear with the soda and vinegar method, you can make use of the snake by inserting it through the waste that will automatically stop at the block.
- It may not always be possible to clear the blocked drains by yourself as there may be difficult bends in the system that even the snake cannot negotiate where the fittings have to be opened up for clearing the block.
For the Sewerage Blockage
Perhaps the most difficult and also the nastiest blocks that you can ever come across is that of the sewerage that can also cause a backflow of the soil in your bathroom.
- Expert plumbing professionals are usually equipped with the latest camera enabled pipes for inspection of the lines to locate the exact point of the block and also its easy removal.
- The use of the water jetting method that they bring on the trucks helps in the forceful flushing of the block to restore normalcy to your life.
It is always advisable to hire the professional and experienced plumbers, as they know all about the advanced drain cleaning methods, and they have advanced drain cameras and testing instruments with them. You can consult with plumbing agencies to get your share of work done.