One of the worst cases of plumbing problems that you face in your home is tree roots blocking the flow of water inside your drain pipe or inside the sewage line.
- Tree root in drain pipe causes the main water sources to break, which can also lead to major flooding and damage to your house. You need to use the drain snakes, or call the best plumbing professionals to get rid of the drain roots.
- Majorly these drain pipe clogs are caused because of tree root in drain pipe which blocks the drainage. House owners are responsible for the cause of these problems, especially when the drainage system works through inland ways and goes through gardens and streets.
- Trees root up deep because of the water and nutrients through these pipes available there and nourishing them. However over growing of these roots causes havoc in the house.
Apart from regular checking and drain cleaning you must also prune and cut the plants and tree roots around your drains, at regular intervals, to get rid of this pestering problem.
How Does Tree Root In Drain Pipe Clog The Drain?
The house drain pipes connect to the main sewer pipes through inland drainage system which usually crosses through parks and streets. With a lot of trees around and a water drainage system moving through the soil it is probable that the nutrients will be extracted to the soil and thus keep developing the tree roots deeper into the soil. Any crack or vapor roots left open in the pipes gets root penetration and growth of tree root in drain pipe, which soon starts spreading through the pipe and results in first clogging and then breaking it.
How to Solve the Problem At Home?
Before calling your plumber or hiring people to uproot the tree that might be causing the problem it is essential to estimate the problem and handle it yourself at small levels.
- Medicines and Root Killer: There are plenty of medicines and root killers available in the market for addressing the tree root in drain pipes. If the drain gets clogged it’s easy to spread this medicine through the clogged areas, and leave it for a few hours for the medicines to infuse its effect on the clogged water, and reach till the roots and slowly cause to kill them and thus flush away the roots.
- Regular use of Bleaching Agents: Regular use of bleaching agents to clean the drain of the house makes the drain pipes swipe off any root or clogs of dirt from inside the pipe at a very initial stage.
- Schedule Cleaning: You can hire drain cleaners who pay a monthly or quarterly visit to clean the drains with medicinal use.
How to Get the Problem Permanently Solved?
This can be done by getting your hands on the cause behind the developing of the root inside the drain pipe. There has to be a sleek of permission from the drainage authorities as well as from the local governance to dig the land and find the area of trouble.
Calling in professional plumbers to find the right place where the pipe has been leaked or the vapor hole is allowing the tree root to grow, and then sealing it nicely can solve the problem permanently. It might take a few days to dig, find and correct the places of trouble but it shall solve the problem permanently. So the next time you have clogged water because of tree root in drain pipe, you know what to do!