The term yoga bolsters refers to a yoga accessory that you can use in practical way. Bolsters are actually cushions that are either rectangular or cylindrical in shape and are usually stuffed up with buckwheat or cotton batting. Most of the yoga bolster covers are washable and so you can take good care of these accessories. However, the main point is that bolsters are tools that yoga practitioners use for stretching forming various yoga poses. The cushions are mostly helpful and these are used by people to carry out different yoga poses with great ease. Additionally, women that practice parental yoga are likely to get great support for the lower back on using the yoga bolster. Nevertheless, if you think that bolsters are expensive and that you should not purchase them, then you are well mistaken as there are many affordable yoga-bolsters available in the market. You can pick any shape of cushion you please and use it for as long as you wish.
Yoga with yoga Bolsters
There are innumerable poses for which you can use the affordable yoga-bolsters. The list below will help you to get acquainted with them:
Cross Legged Meditation:
This yoga pose can be done more comfortably while sitting on yoga bolsters as it raises the hips, while feet and legs are still touching the floor.
In this yoga position the person has to lie on their back. The pose will be more comfortable if you place the bolster between your legs or set it on the space between the mat and the lower back.
When children start practicing yoga they might not be able to get their hips to touch the feet. In this case, while performing the child’s pose children must place the bolster between the hips and the feet.
Benefits of Yoga Bolster
To reap the benefits of a yoga pose, it is necessary for you to perform it correctly. If you are not comfortable while practicing the poses or are facing difficulties, you must use the affordable yoga bolsters . Furthermore, there are many benefits of using bolsters. They include:
- The yoga cushion will provide your body with great support when you are trying your best to achieve a difficult pose. Furthermore, it provides good alignment to a stretching body and prevents injuries like muscle pull when a body is trying to achieve a tough yoga pose.
- Another benefit of using the cushion is that it aids in improving body posture. As you know the bolster will help you to achieve a yoga position correctly. However, once you are done using it for a pose and repeat using it again for the same pose, it will help you to achieve a better posture than before.
- You can consider the cushion to be your best friend when you are feeling stressed. You must use the prop while practicing restorative poses as it stimulates a stretching body’s nervous system to help it get relieved from stress.
- Another advantage of using the cushion, while practicing yoga, is that helps to improve blood circulation in a human body. When being used as a prop for yoga poses, the yoga bolster will open up your body posture if you place it lengthwise of your spine or below your shoulder or chest. This helps the body’s organs to function efficiently and thereafter leads to a controlled blood circulation.
- If you use a yoga cushion then your body is sure to get rid of all the ill or negative effects of sitting or standing in a single position for long. This in turn reduces inflammation or chronic swelling in the body.